08 December 2007

Same Stuff - Excellent Non-Assembly Line

Darrell Wood and I had the opportunity to visit RevGen at it's finest from 29Nov to 2Dec. Many excellent meetings and miles of travel taking the ambiance of the area. I would suggest that the trip was successful in that both Darrell and I had some life changing experiences. Everytime I take in the Nashville area, my life is changed. As we were landing onto the Nashville airport tarmac, i leaned over to Darrell and mentioned to him that it feels like I am coming home again. Not sure if this is because I yearn for the raw artsy cutting edge spiritual stuff that is so prevalent over here. I have visited this area 3 times in the last 8 months - the excursions are different every time as so are my expectations. Maybe, this is where I realize the changes to my journey's milestones ........ who knows. Mine is not to understand why but to 'just do it' (please note that this goes against my german, engineering knowledge and understanding - really uncomfortable and stretching but very good for me).
We met with the Rocketown folks and took in the tour of the facility (if you are ever down in Nashville, you've got to see this). Ben Cissell, (Outreach Director) and Mary Virginia Settle, (Operations Manager) know most of the kids from the surround area by name......... impressive. Took in a show by some local screamo bands with about 500 other kids that same night. The next day we saw an article called 'Down with JC' written by the Nashville Scene about Rocketown's influence in Nashville (check it out). That same night, Joseph Rojas (CEO of Revolution Generation and band leader Seventh Day Slumber) talked to us about how he would like to see a RevGen Canadian contingency ............ hey i am just along for the ride - watching God do it. Amazing!! - the youth mentorship program for Southern Alberta & Canada is falling into place so quickly now. Next we visited with Wayne Headly (Director) of Global Cafe in downtown Nashville. The three floors of this building was once Planet Hollywood. Mondays to Fridays the Global Cafe is used for meetings, entertainment, fashion & other gatherings and Sundays a church service is held. On Sunday, we took in a church service at Journey Ecclesia in Franklin, TN. We then had the privilege in meeting some of the leadership team after the service. An excellent post modern church that believes in loving on the people as displayed during Jamie's message of the prodigal son.
A very successful trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment